High Lifter APEXX Front Forward Control Arms For Defender Models
Whether you ride in deep mud or over rocky trails, the need for stronger Front Defender Forward control arms with added ground clearance is extremely important.
All new High Lifter APEXX Control Arms are stronger,adjustable and engineered for the most punishing terrain with 1.75″ of additional ground clearance and raked forward 2″
Push your Can Am Defender to the limits and tackle obstacles you couldn’t before! Optional preinstalled ball joints.
- This is A Set Of 4 Arms
- Uses OEM Ball Joints And Bushings
- Choose Exact Model, MAX Models Included In Choice, 2020 And Newer Only
Heavy Duty Strength
High Lifter’s new heavy duty control arms add more support than factory. Our upper and lower arms are made with the same material for added strength, so they can withstand the abuse applied during a typical ride.
High Lifter arms are constructed out of 1.5” DOM with .120” wall tubing. This is a 50% increase in size and a 70% increase in steel thickness for added durability and strength.
Tire Fitment: Up to 34.5″
Our tire fitment guide is a general fitment and is in no way guaranteed. Tires and lifts vary by manufacture and tire fitment can be affected by other modifications such as, but not limited to, wheel offset, actual tire diameter and actual tire width. Always verify your brand of tires, lift, and other modifications prior to making a buying decision.
- Adjustable heat-treated collars for camber adjustability with a 1” thread
- Raked forward 2″
- Over 3 degrees of camber adjustment in each direction
- Heavy duty ball joint brackets to eliminate deformation issues, Keller ball joint compatible
- Ladder bar compatible with the 1.5” ID clamps
- Extreme duty 1.5” x .120” DOM steel construction
- Up to 2” of added ground clearance compared to OEM lower arm
- Mounting accommodations for OEM brake lines using OEM tabs instead of P-clamps
- Optimized sway bar linkage angles
- Limited Lifetime Warranty (Excludes wearable items like bushings, bearings, cones, and heim joints)
- Powder Coated
Built in Adjustability
The lower arms also feature an adjustability component in the bushing collars to eliminate premature wearing that can come from the addition of lift kits, portals, or larger tires. When the kit is set to the factory position, you have 3/8” of adjustability camber in and out. Heat treated and plated adjustable bushing collars allow you to be confident in the strength you’re adding to your ride.
This kit comes packaged and preadjusted to the factory position, and factory bushings and caps should be used for installation.
Increased Ground Clearance
We maximized ground clearance by strategically arching the lower control arm with double and TRIPLE bends. This unique design allowed us to get an additional 1.75” of ground clearance to avoid impacting those nasty trail obstacles. These bends maintain the factory geometry, which helps reduce wear on components like axles and tie rods. Our forward arms allow you to run larger tires without a suspension lift. We’ve improved the upper control arm by repositioning the sway bar tab. This will reduce the extreme angles places on the sway bar links and reduce wear.
Reinforced Ball Joints Brackets
Portals and large tires apply torque that can distort the ball joint bracket, leading to failure of the arms. With over 130% increase in the ball joint mounting area, we are helping to prevent breakdown or “egging” of the mounting bracket.
Add On Optional Preinstalled Ball Joints
High Lifter’s service team uses a hydraulic press to install the ball joint with the correct pressure and alignment, also making sure the clip is fully seated and secured. Purchasing control arms with the ball joints already installed adds to easy installation and prevents damage due to improper installation, which is not covered by High Lifter’s Lifetime Warranty.
Add On Ball Joint Options
Standard HD Upgraded Ball Joints
- Manufactured from 4130 Chromoly Steel
- Stronger than OEM Ball Joints
- Durable, Tough, and Long Lasting Zinc Plated Finish
- Uses Lithium Grease
- Quality OEM Factory Replacement
APEXX Rebuildable HD Ball Joint
- 2x Stronger than OEM Ball Joints
- 4340 Chromoly Housing, Bushing, Cap & Stud
- Oversized Sphere and Stud Diameter with Optimized Profile
- Fully Serviceable & Rebuildable for Increased Longevity and Reliability
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.