LAST UPDATE: Feb 15, 2021
This Privacy Statement describes information that American Off-Roads and its affiliates (“American Off-Roads”, “we”, “our”, and “us”) collect, use, share and store, including personal information. American Off-Roads cares about the integrity and security of consumer personal information. However, American Off-Roads cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
This Privacy Statement focuses on the types of personal information we collect through your operation of various American Off-Roads products and services (collectively, “American Off-Roads”).
Consent to Data Collection and Processing
You hereby agree with and consent to the collection and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Consent to International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by American Off-Roads or its services providers in the United States and other countries where our servers reside. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. You hereby agree with and consent to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where American Off-Roads operates.
Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent to American Off-Roads’s collection and processing of your information, or to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where American Off-Roads operates. You may withdraw your consent by emailing American Off-Roads at [email protected]
GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information will be collected, stored, processed and transmitted in accordance with American Off-Roads’s established policies and applicable federal, state, local and foreign laws, rules and regulations.
The principles of American Off-Roads with respect to the processing of personal information are as follows: (1) personal information will be processed fairly and lawfully, (2) personal information will be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed for incompatible purposes, (3) personal information collected by American Off-Roads will be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and processed, (4) personal information collected by American Off-Roads will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date to the best of our ability, (5) personal information collected by American Off-Roads will be retained as identifiable data for no longer than necessary to serve the purposes for which the personal information was collected, and (6) personal data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
If American Off-Roads engages in the processing of personal information for purposes other than those specified in this Policy, American Off-Roads will provide notice of these changes, the purposes for which the personal information will be used, and the recipients of personal information.
As you interact with American Off-Roads, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about your or your American Off-Roads products as further described below.
You may provide us with information about you or your American Off-Roads products through a number of sources: American Off-Roads websites, applications, products and related events, surveys, social media platforms, sweepstakes entries, and through our customer contact centers.
The types of information that American Off-Roads collects about you may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, city, state and ZIP code, age or date of birth, occupation, social security number, email address and telephone number)
- Payment information (such as your bank account information, credit card number, debit card number, bank or investor account, CVV code, expiration date, and payment history)
- Information related to your creditworthiness, assets, income, or liabilities
- Information about your connected devices (such as mobile phone, computer, or tablet) and how you interact with our products, services, apps, and websites (such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data, and associated identifying and usage information)
- Demographic information (such as gender, date of birth, marital status, and household composition)
- Marketing profile information (such as when you plan to purchase a American Off-Roads product)
- Photographs and videos such as those that you may submit for contests, sweepstakes and social sharing
- Relationships you have with American Off-Roads in addition to the purchase and servicing of your American Off-Roads product (such as through a rewards card, etc.)
- Incentive eligibility verification information (such as college name, branch of service, or credit union name for American Off-Roads product purchase programs)
- Social Security Number (in limited circumstances American Off-Roads may collect SSN, for example if you win a sweepstakes or receive compensation that must be reported for government tax purposes)
- The kind of products you purchased through American Off-Roads
- The kind of service provided to you
In order to register an account with American Off-Roads, or join a American Off-Roads community, you will need to provide your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
If you decide to purchase any products or services offered by American Off-Roads directly from American Off-Roads, American Off-Roads will ask for your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and certain financial information such as a credit card number to be used for order processing and payment. American Off-Roads may use a third party for payment processing on its behalf. You may also choose to finance your purchase from American Off-Roads pursuant to one of several financing options made available by third party financial institutions. If you choose to finance your purchase from American Off-Roads, you will be directed to one of the third party financial institutions with which American Off-Roads has a business relationship to make an application directly through that financial institution in connection with which the financial institution will ask you for the personal and financial information applicable to their own application process, the privacy and security of which will be governed by their privacy policies.
If you decide to purchase any Products on Americanoffroads.com we will ask for your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and certain financial information such as a credit card number to be used for order processing. .
If you decide to voluntarily participate in a sweepstakes, game, contest, survey, or other similar activity offered by American Off-Roads or in conjunction with a third party provider, you may be asked to provide your name, mailing address, email address and age as well as other information on an optional basis such as your gender or other types of products purchased through American Off-Roads in order to participate in the sweepstakes, contest, or survey. Occasionally, American Off-Roads will refer to this information to better understand your needs and interest in products and services. If you consent, American Off-Roads will also use this information to send you information about American Off-Roads.
HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information American Off-Roads collects about you and your products purchased through American Off-Roads may be used:
- To provide products and services and maintain customer relationships
- To improve the quality, safety, and security of products and services
- To administer your account(s) and process your payments for products and services
- To operate our websites and applications, including online registration processes
- To facilitate and support American Off-Roads supplier diversity programs.
- To autofill data fields on our websites to improve your online experience
- To develop new products and services, including connected, autonomous, and car-sharing products and services
- To provide customer and product support and service.
- For warranty administration and validation
- To provide information and product updates
- To evaluate products performance and safety
- For research, evaluation of use, and troubleshooting purposes
- To verify eligibility for products purchases or incentive programs
- For marking and analytics purposes
- To customize and improve communication content
- To comply with legal, regulator, or contractual requirements
Communications with you in connection with these uses may be via mail, telephone, e-mail, text message, social medial, or other electronic messages, or via our websites and applications.
The following are examples of situations where we may share your personally identifiable information:
- With your consent.
- For external processing, storage, and management. We may also utilize third party vendors to assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems and data security and privacy compliance. These third party vendors (as well as American Off-Roads employees) may access certain information about you or your account in line with this work, but are not permitted to use this data for purposes unrelated to American Off-Roads Products and services.
- Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the Privacy Statement in place at the time of its collection.
- We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, we may disclose information in response to legal process and we may disclose information in response to lawful requests by public authorities in the United States and other countries for the purposes of law enforcement and national security.
Uses of information and data may include:
“Contact Information” means information that allows someone to identify or contact you (e.g., your name, phone number, home address, and email address). Unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement, we do not share your Contact Information with anyone without your permission. However, we may use your Contact Information to market American Off-Roads Products and third-party products and services to you via various methods. You can stop the delivery of future promotional emails from us by following the specific instructions in the advertising emails you may receive. These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered important to the American Off-Roads Products or services you receive.
“Service Information” means information necessary or useful to us in providing the Products to you (e.g., Products you use and how/when you use them). This information is used by us for operation of the Products, to provide services or information to you, to maintain the quality of our products and services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the American Off-Roads Products. We may also use Service Information for customer support, American Off-Roads Product restoration, research and development activities for new products and services, and other similar purposes. Finally, we may provide certain Service Information to selected third parties and other business partners, to improve the American Off-Roads Products or the services we provide, for marketing purposes, or otherwise where we have obtained your consent.
Sometimes we may “anonymize” your information by removing any identifier that can be associated with you. Anonymized information helps us develop reports and analyses about how our customers use the American Off-Roads and products for other research such as behavioral inferences. We may publicly share or sell anonymized information and reports and analyses based on anonymized information. We may disclose aggregated, anonymized information, and analyses and reports derived from such information to third parties including utilities, our service providers, suppliers, advertisers, merchants, consumer and market research companies and other organizations. We may share non-personally identifiable information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. We take steps designed to keep this non-personally identifiable information from being associated with you, and we require our partners to do the same.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. You can also ask for it to be erased and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information. You can also ask us to stop using your information and limit how we use your information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law”, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year.
To obtain this information on behalf of American Off-Roads, please send an email message to [email protected] with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in the response. Please be aware that not all information is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. For an explanation of our privacy practices, please review our Privacy Statement by clicking the “Privacy Statement” link on our home page.
RETENTION AND DELETION OF INFORMATION
We generally store your information or data on our servers or on the servers of our third party vendors until the later of (i) the date you request that we delete or edit it, (ii) the date on which you are no longer a American Off-Roads customer, or (iii) as long as is required by applicable law.
If you cease to be a American Off-Roads customer, American Off-Roads will deactivate your account and will, upon receipt of a written notice from you, request that our third party vendors delete your account information from their servers. Because of the way we maintain certain services, however, after your information is deleted, backup copies may linger for some time before they are deleted, and we may retain certain data for a longer period of time if we are required to do so for legal reasons.
American Off-Roads will take reasonable steps to protect the personal data in its possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, and will take all useful precautions with regard to the nature of the data and the risks of the processing, to preserve the security of the data and, in particular, prevent its alteration and damage or access by non-authorized third parties. American Off-Roads has put in place technical, physical, and organizational procedures and security measures designed to safeguard and secure the personal data from destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure, or other forms of unauthorized or unlawful processing commensurate with the risks posed by the particular type of processing, the nature of the personal data and in accordance with applicable law, and taking into consideration the cost of implementing such measures. American Off-Roads cannot guarantee the security of personal data on or transmitted via the Internet.
American Off-Roads will comply with applicable local laws, rules and regulations with respect to data breach disclosure and notification.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will provide notice of any changes on the website or by contacting you.
Using Military or First Responder Discounts Do Not Give You American Loyalty and Rewards Points. Can Use Either Or program, not both on a per order situation.
Do you sell or share data?
No. While some tech companies engage in this practice, VerifyPass does not. The only form of revenue we collect is paid by the “Merchant” (business you’re shopping with), in exchange for VerifyPass confirming your eligibility for their exclusive discount. We have never, nor will we ever, sell or release your data.
After verification, here’s the data we provide to the Merchant:
- Discount code (if applicable)
- Group you’re verified as
- Time you received your discount
What data do you retain?
As little as possible. Each verification process is different, so we make it simple: after verification, any data we collected in order to perform the initial verification is deleted. We delete your data because: 1. VerifyPass is not a data company, and 2. we don’t want to expose you to unnecessary risk.
Here’s the data we must retain, so you don’t have to re-verify:
- Encrypted password (if applicable)
- Verified status (true/false)
- Time your account was created
What security measures are taken?
1. Technical Standards
Over 1,000 businesses trust VerifyPass to serve their exclusive discounts. VerifyPass regularly undergoes rigorous legal and technical security audits to ensure the protection of its members—our system is monitored and audited daily.
2. Data Minimization
“If you have nothing to steal, nothing can be stolen.”
3. Our Background
VerifyPass is owned and operated in Orange County, California. Most team members are either honorably discharged Veterans, or closely affiliated with them, such as a spouse. We do not employ foreign staff members.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact American Off-Roads directly.
By email: [email protected]